Never has website security been this important. The increase in the usage of the internet world over has come with increased internet security threats. As a matter of urgency, online site owners and other internet users are adopting hi-tech security protocols and measures to secure confidential data from unauthorized access.
Want to secure your website? Look no further than Linked. We are a professional firm with expertise in web design, development, and security among other related services. We will fortify your website at good rates.
Well, I know web security is important but… maybe I will do it later. Perhaps you just need a little more convincing. This is why you need to secure your website.
Importance of Website Security
- To keep malicious individuals at bay. Unless you have just landed from Mars, then you must have realized the cases of hacking have been on the rise. Hackers are having a field day on less secure sites. Unless you want to be part of the statistics allow us to secure your site.
- To build customer confidence. If you use your website to market products you need to take it even more seriously. No customer wants to log into a site that with low-security features that could allow third parties access their personal information. Not with the increasing cases of identity theft. Before a single case ruins your business, let us secure your site with tamper-proof security features.
- To avoid being blacklisted by the search engines. You must have come across a message warning you not to proceed to a site as your security could be compromised. That’s a classic example of a blacklisted site. Search engines always scan through sites and single out any sites with malware that may harm users. Unless the owner fixes the issue, the search engine would go ahead to completely blacklist the site and remove it from its search engine results. You don’t want that to befall you, do you?
- To save yourself embarrassment and bad reputation. Picture this. You wake up to flooding messages from concerned subscribers. You follow the tips and quickly log in to your site. To your horror and dismay, the content on your website has been altered and/ or replaced with taunting messages some of which go against your core values. You don’t need to imagine the results. Embarrassment and lost customer confidence which may translate into reduced visitor numbers.
- To save your money. The old adage is true, prevention is better than cure. You will be amazed at how cheap it is to install and maintain web security features. But wait until you are hacked. You will part with several Euros, foremost to clean up the site and remove any lurking threats, restore the site and then install the preventive security features.
Now I’m convinced, but how do I do it, how do I secure my site? Thanks for asking. You don’t need to do much, just contact us and let us do it for you. This is how we do it.
How to Secure your Website
When you contact us we will hear you then come up with a plan. We will examine your site and identify any vulnerable areas. After that, we will analyze the data and ascertain accessibility criteria and level of access then come up with the most appropriate remedies.
Among others, this is what we will do to protect your website:
- Update the website platform and other software. When the website is up-to-date, the security systems are functioning at optimum ensuring maximum security.
- Strengthening passwords. If you use very predictable passwords stored in plain text format, hackers and other malicious individuals could easily work out your passwords and gain access to your site. We will help you come up with very strong, unpredictable passwords and encrypt them so that hackers have absolutely no way to gain access through password manipulation.
- Installation of security software plugins. These provide a constant protection hence preventing hacking.
- Installation of SSL certificates and usage of HTTPS encryption. Installation of the SSL certificate serves to confirm a site is secure i.e. encrypted information is transferred to and fro the server and a particular browser. The installation also qualifies a website for https encryption.
- Use of Content Security Policy (CSP) and parameterized queries. The two techniques work in a similar manner to prevent cross-site scripting (XSS) and SQL injection attacks which are common threats today.
- Regulating file uploads. You cannot allow anybody upload files on your website. It would be a big gamble on your website’s security since any of the files could be malware-infested. We will create for you the necessary checks on who can upload and what they can upload.